Lafayette Criminal Defense Lawyers
Call Us for Help Fighting Your Criminal Charge in Lafayette
If you’re facing criminal charges, reach out to one of our Lafayette defense attorneys as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, our team has years of experience handling all types of criminal matters. Whether you have been accused of a felony or a misdemeanor, when you turn to us, you will have an advocate on your side who knows what it takes to seek results. Recognizing the amount of time and effort law enforcement officials put into investigating cases and prosecutors put into arguing them, we are fully prepared to leverage our knowledge, skills, and talents to protect your rights and best interests.
Any criminal charge can have severe repercussions on your life. In many cases, the allegations alone can ruin your personal and professional relationships. And a conviction can lead to incarceration, fines, and any other sanctions associated with the offense, such as driver’s license suspension in a DUI case. Because of these severe impacts, it is vital that retain the services of one of our skilled criminal lawyers in Lafayette. Being charged with a crime does not mean you are guilty, nor does it mean that you will be hit with the maximum penalties if you are convicted. Aggressively fighting the allegations can lead to a favorable outcome such as dropped charges or reduced sentences.
At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, we are prepared to pursue an optimal result on your behalf. Schedule a consultation to discuss your case by calling (925) 900-5330 or contacting us online today.
Lafayette Criminal Defense Lawyers
The California criminal justice process involves complex laws, rules, and processes to resolve a case. Without a firm understanding of how this system works and without an experienced attorney on your side, navigating your case could be challenging and lead to a misstep that may negatively affect the outcome.
Our criminal attorneys in Lafayette can defend against various charges, including:
- Child abuse: Allegations of harming or neglecting a child can severely upend a person’s life. Our team works to protect the reputations and freedoms of those accused.
- Domestic violence: Severe sanctions can be imposed upon anyone convicted of injuring or attempting to injure a family or household member. At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, we are prepared to work to avoid or minimize penalties for our clients.
- Federal crimes: Various acts violating federal laws or crossing borders can be prosecuted as federal offenses. Examples include money laundering, wire fraud, bank fraud, healthcare fraud, and identity theft.
- Sexual abuse: Engaging in nonconsensual or unlawful sexual contact or conduct with another person can be penalized by incarceration, fines, and/or a requirement to register as a sex offender. Our Lafayette criminal lawyers aggressively defend against accusations of rape, sexual battery, unlawful sexual conduct, and other sex crime charges.
- Theft crimes: Under California statutes, a person commits theft when they unlawfully take someone else's property through larceny, trick, or false pretenses. Depending on the type and value of the item, the offense can be prosecuted as grand theft or petty theft.
- Violent crimes: Acts such as murder, mayhem, rape, robbery, kidnapping, and carjacking are considered violent crimes. These are serious charges requiring the help of a Lafayette criminal defense attorney to fight.
- White collar crimes: This category of offenses includes embezzlement, identity theft, insurance fraud, money laundering, and securities fraud. Generally, they involve a scheme to defraud a person or entity of money, property, or anything of value. Our criminal lawyers in Lafayette can determine what defenses can be raised to fight charges.
At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, we are intimately familiar with how the California justice system works. Our team has handled criminal cases in and around Lafayette and knows how to counter the prosecution’s arguments. We are here to protect your rights and future.
Lafayette DUI Attorneys
If you’ve been charged with a DUI in Lafayette, you might be frightened and confused. You might also think that a conviction is likely because officers collected evidence against you. However, do not lose hope in your case. Even if you did not perform well on field sobriety tests or had an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more, defenses may be raised to challenge the allegations. For instance, a health condition or improperly maintained machine could have led to results suggesting that you were driving under the influence.
Whatever the case may be, our DUI lawyers in Lafayette are prepared to go to battle for you. We comb through every detail to determine whether the officer had probable cause to stop and arrest you and whether factors other than alcohol could have contributed to the results of FSTs or chemical tests. We want to hear your side of the story to develop a defense tailored just for you.
Lafayette Juvenile Law Lawyers
California’s juvenile justice system is complex. When a minor is accused of a misdemeanor or felony, they are not released on bail and may be held in custody at the discretion of the law enforcement officer who arrested them. Additionally, they do not have the right to a jury trial. A juvenile court judge will hear their case. If the child is found responsible for the offense, they may be subject to a range of sanctions that differ from those imposed in adult court, as the juvenile system is focused on rehabilitating the minor.
Learning that your child has been accused of a crime can be overwhelming, and you may be intimidated about navigating the juvenile justice system. Fortunately, you do not have to go through the process alone. You and your child can have an attorney represent you. At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, we can zealously advocate for your child and aggressively defend them. We know the impacts being adjudicated delinquent can have on their future, which is why we are prepared to do what it takes to seek a favorable result.
Lafayette Civil Rights Attorney
Although every person is afforded certain rights, sometimes government officials overstep their authority and violate them. For instance, a police officer might use excessive force, or a CPS worker might unlawfully remove a child from their home. When such happens, victims can take legal action against the wrongdoer.
At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, we are here to help you seek justice for any injury you suffered at the hands of a government official. Our team will review your case and determine what legal options are available to pursue remedy.