Brentwood Criminal Defense Attorneys
Contact Us for Legal Counsel in Brentwood
Are you facing a misdemeanor or felony charge? Turn to The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson for the legal help you need. Our team of knowledgeable and talented Brentwood criminal attorneys has extensive experience defending adults and minors charged with all manners of crimes. We have handled thousands of cases and have tried over 150 jury trials and more than 300 court trials. We know not only the ins and outs of California's court system but also the people who work in it, including prosecutors and judges. Developing strong working relationships with these individuals facilitates more amicable negotiations and allows us to seek favorable results for our clients.
Our criminal defense lawyers in Brentwood understand that this can be overwhelming for you, especially because the judicial process can be confusing and complex. Throughout your case, a member of our team will be standing beside you, offering the guidance and advice you need. When you have us fighting for you, you will never be left in the dark and will never have to second-guess the decisions you make. Having taken on cases similar to yours, we can give you an idea of what to expect from start to finish and can answer whatever questions you have along the way. And while we have represented individuals charged with crimes ranging from DUI to murder, we know that each case is unique. That is why we will employ a personalized approach to develop a defense strategy for your situation.
To get started on fighting your charge, please reach out to us by calling (925) 900-5330 or submitting an online contact form. We offer a free initial consultation.
Brentwood Criminal Defense Attorney
In California, crimes are generally classified as misdemeanors or felonies. Although felonies are considered more severe offenses, a charge for either should be taken seriously. A conviction can result in incarceration, fines, and other sanctions appropriate for the specific crime (for example, sex offender registration for a sex crime). Therefore, regardless of the charge you're facing, be sure you have a Brentwood criminal lawyer on your side ready to do what it takes to protect your rights, reputation, and future.
At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, we deliver counsel for a range of criminal matters including, but not limited to:
- Child abuse: A person faces a child abuse charge if they are alleged to have caused physical injury to or neglected a minor. Our team will analyze the details of your case to determine what defenses can be raised.
- Drug crimes: California law enumerates several types of controlled substances offenses, including possession, possession with intent, delivery, sales, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Our criminal defense attorneys in Brentwood can fight back against your charge.
- Domestic violence: California's domestic violence law provides that a person commits an offense when they cause or threaten to cause harm to a family or household member. Allow our team to provide the zealous advocacy you need to counter such allegations.
- Federal crimes: Offenses crossing state or country borders or violating laws established by Congress are classified as federal crimes. Examples of federal crimes include, but are not limited to, drug trafficking, money laundering, racketeering, and mail/wire fraud. At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, we expend the necessary effort and resources to fight these types of charges.
- Sexual abuse: Any act involving unwanted or unlawful sexual contact or conduct may be considered sexual abuse. Depending on the facts, a conviction can result in a requirement to register as a sex offender in addition to incarceration and/or fines. Our Brentwood criminal defense lawyers can develop an innovative strategy to seek an optimal result on your behalf.
- Theft crimes: In California, a person can be charged with grand theft or petty theft depending on the type and amount of the property they allegedly took from another person. Although you might be facing charges, that does not mean you are guilty or will suffer the maximum penalties. Speak with our criminal attorneys in Brentwood to learn about defenses that can be raised on your behalf.
- Violent crimes: These crimes involve harming or threatening to harm another person and include offenses such as murder, mayhem, and rape. The state takes these crimes seriously, which means you need a Brentwood criminal lawyer on your side ready to fight hard for you.
- White collar crimes: Generally, these offenses involve misappropriating the property or money of a person or entity by the use of fraud or false representations. Whether you have been charged with embezzlement, money laundering, insurance fraud, or identity theft, our criminal lawyers in Brentwood are ready to defend you.
Brentwood DUI Attorney
Driving under the influence cases are very complex. They require a thorough understanding of the science behind alcohol absorption and elimination, the laws of the state, and proper police procedures. In some cases, breath or blood test results may be inaccurate because improper procedures were followed, or the driver's rights may have been violated because the officer did not have reasonable suspicion to make a stop or probable cause to make an arrest.
At The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson, our criminal defense attorneys in Brentwood have a keen eye for details. We will review everything that happened, from when you were pulled over to official charges being filed. Reviewing records, logs, video footage, and other pieces of evidence, we can determine a course of action to pursue the best possible result on your behalf. When you trust your DUI case to us, you can rest assured knowing it's in competent hands. Attorney Peter Johnson has attended hundreds of hours of DUI training and is the lead author of California Driving Under the Influence Defense. He has the knowledge and experience to defend you.
Brentwood Juvenile Crimes Attorney
Minors charged with crimes in and around Brentwood will go through a system different than the adult criminal process. Juveniles are not released on bail, and their cases are heard by only a judge, no jury. Additionally, because juvenile courts are concerned with rehabilitating the minor, the judge may place an array of sanctions upon them that can affect their future.
If your child has been accused of a misdemeanor or felony, reach out to The Law Offices of Johnson & Johnson. We are well-equipped to handle these types of cases. Our team will work relentlessly to protect your child's best interests.
Brentwood Civil Rights Attorney
Government officials are supposed to respect your rights when you have any type of encounter with them. However, not all do. Too often, we hear stories about police officers abusing their authority and using excessive force on individuals or CPS workers not following the proper procedures when removing a child from their home. However, victims of such injustices are not without recourse.
If a government official harmed you, speak with a member of our team about your legal options. You may be able to seek remedy for damages you sustained.
Schedule a free consultation by contacting usat (925) 900-5330 today.